Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Still Alive

No, I haven't fallen off the ends of the earth, I've only fallen into a tremendous mountain of letters and can't seem to get out to find my keyboard.

It's almost a year now since I started my little "side" business and abandoned food network and sanity, among other things, and moved in for good to my basement. I'd searched for years to find a way to make my art profitable, but I never dreamed it was this way. I also never dreamed I'd be stupid enough to finally pounce on this opportunity when I have four kids under 8 in my household. Now that the novelty of this whole business has worn off, I can honestly admit that while I can't quite stop this madness, I didn't ever want and don't currently want the thing to take over my life.

God is reminding me of all these things with a twinkle in His eye, because He gave me Cole. When people asked in the past, "how do you handle three boys?" I could always say I had it easy as far as boys went. Ha ha...then #4 proved that there is ample testosterone coursing through his veins, and he's out to convince me. He's also like Audrey - forever "Bowad" (bored - she thinks she's from Boston) - and so he clamors for my attention with antics like standing atop tables, scattering my saw tooth brackets all over the floor, chucking heavy objects around (and at ME), and dropping various household objects into my gallon of latex paint. On any given day, he's equally as likely as I am to be covered in paint. I look forward with great eagerness to that mythical period about which I hear rumors - summer -because the kid LOVES the outdoors. I think we're all sick to death of being caged like animals in this house for the most horrible winter in years, and we're yearning to be free and get out of this dang house already.

I did take the leap a while back and reserve Sundays for Sabbath, and God has blessed that time and I haven't cheated. Only problem is that once I taste of the freedom, I want more of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Good to hear that you are still alive!

I hope that you can get the whole balance thing figured out -- I know it is hard. And good for you for reserving Sundays! I am sure a day off is a blessing for everyone.

5:32 AM  
Blogger cris said...

Hoorah! There you are. I missed you. Dang it, i miss you in general. Come out here. it is warmer.

And I could hook the little bird up with Cole. She could give him a run for his money.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Yeah!!! You're back!

I thought you were burried in an avalanche or something. I considered putting you on "blog alert" again...but extended grace instead. Looking forward to reading more adventures from your household...always makes me smile. :-)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

I'm so amazed that you all are so faithful!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home