Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Like Mother Like Daughter

This morning I decided to keep Audrey home from school because she was coughing a lot and I didn't want all the parents to hate me for letting her infect all her classmates. At first, she was okay with this idea...I mean, she was going to get lunch in bed and I made her waffles and sausage for breakfast. I decided to keep her home at 7:30 a.m. By 8:10 she was coming to me, bored, telling me that she really just doesn't know how to "take it easy" and what is she going to do all day?

I often marvel (well, okay, complain) about my daughter's constant 24-7 need for stimulation and activity. I was doing just that (marvelling) this morning, while I was calling the school, making Wesley's lunch, sorting the laundry, throwing away random garbage, cooking breakfast, urging Ashton to go potty, painting letters, priming others, adding ribbon to still others, and putting some in boxes and printing labels, and updating my mental to-do list, and it occurred to me:

Maybe, just maybe, Audrey's problem is a hereditary one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

unquestionably! He he he!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Do you think you could package up some of that and put it on ebay for me to purchase?...I really could use a bit of motivation...especially at this stage of my current game! :-)

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home