Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Excuses, Excuses

I know it's been forever since my last post. I have all sorts of reasons for my absence, none of them very convincing, since I have still been on the computer multiple times every single day since I posted. I could blame my never-decreasing pile of wooden letters, my husband who does not like this letter one little bit and would like his wife back one of these days, my children who can trash the house much more quickly than a team of professionals could clean it, or a newly mobile baby, or, or, or.

But seriously, the reason I haven't blogged is because I never seem to have anything substantial to say. At least nothing that would take longer than a sentence to report. It seems I'm constantly storing up little tidbits in my head, thinking "that would make a great blog!" but then I think, well, I'll wait a little longer until I have more to say than *just that*, and by the time I think of it again (okay, IF I think of it again) it's old news, or boring news, or something more exciting has happened, or I just plain don't remember how the story went in the first place. Like, this morning, Wesley came downstairs like the dutiful firstborn rule-follower he is, and, referring to our new list of House Rules, he knew that there would be a Punishment for taking food without asking. So he asks me if he could have some cereal. I said no because Dad would be up soon and we'd probably go out for breakfast. And he said, "Well...see, I accidentally poured a bowl of cereal for myself..." See, there really isn't enough substance there to take up an entire blog...at least not one that anyone would read!

BUT, if I posted every day, then I could write short little blurbs and include all things substantial and unsubstantial, and you all could have the enormous pleasure of tapping into my stream of consciousness and witnessing how truly fascinating (ha ha) my life is on a day-to-day basis. So, if there is anyone left who reads this blog (I'm thinking Shannon because you get alerts when I blog and Cheryl because you are just so faithful), get ready to see a lot more posts! And pictures, too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Megan R. said...

Hey, I check your blog daily! I assumed you must have been out of the country or spent July somewhere without electricity and Internet access. ;-)

I look forward to your short blurbs! My blog is full of lengthy posts about nothing; I'm surprised people keep wading through them.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm anxious for a look inside the mind of Sally - I bet it's a lot more exciting than you let on.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Meggan said...

I check everyday, too!! So glad to see you are back. Your blogs always crack me up, so the more the merrier! :) Or, you can do what I do and just post pictures...then there is no pressure to think of something to write...and, everyone loves to see pictures of your darling kiddos!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Reading about life in your home makes me realize I'm not the only one with active kids that refuse to conform to be the way the books say they should be if you follow these 3 simple steps....Like I'm heading upstairs right now for the 6th time tonight to tell those children to STOP JUMPING ON THEIR BEDS AND GO TO SLEEP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!...bet you never have to do that do you! ;)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

ha ha..."for crying out loud" should be stamped on my forehead, as many times as I say it....

nice to know you all read my posts! *shucks* and Meggan, your gorgeous kiddo is such a treat to look at!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I miss a day and look what happens...you post something. I have to admit you were almost put on "blog alert" like Jen... ;-)

You always make me laugh, so I'm looking forward to your daily blurbs.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home