Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Walking Around a Little Lopsided

okay, so not literally. But I feel like it. I just can't seem to feel on top of things. I'm scattering to and fro like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland...I'm late! I'm late! I never wrote down any of my appointments and the list of appointments keeps growing. My business is picking up, which is good, but I can't paint letters all day while my house falls apart.

So a little balance would be good. And some good health, for once. Cole's rash got so horrendous that I finally took him to the doctor, who sent him to the hospital because he had a fever, too. I got excellent service at the hospital, which was wonderful, and they sent us home armed with 3 different ointments to slather all over my child. Cole was determined to have some mix of eczema and yeast that somehow got infected with an as-yet undetermined species of bacteria. He has been beside himself with discomfort so I'm praying he heals. And I'm praying that *I* heal. My throat is killing me.

We have dentist appointments today. Ashton's first. I know I can see at least one cavity on my own teeth and I'm just really, really hoping that the kids don't have any.

Okay, well, since the kids are all clamoring for breakfast, I need to download photos for eBay, make Wesley's lunch, load the dishwasher, paint some letters, and find my dental forms to fill out, then I really can't stay and ramble any longer. I know, I know...don't cry. I'll be back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Thibault said...

walking lopsided unfortunitely is a requirement of not only motherhood but being a human being. We're not a superwoman. My dear friend, take a deep breath, enjoy your children and let the house go for a couple of hours. I know it's hard...but sometimes to get yourself back on track you need to stop and smell the flowers and cuddle your children...their innocence is gone to fast. Rest and enjoy God's creation. :)

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home