Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Audrey!


My big girl is five! She was so into her birthday this year. Asking for weeks, "how many days until my birthday??" and in the week preceding, telling every single person she passed that her birthday was coming. When it came, Andy marvelled how, after opening her presents, one little person could uniformly scatter stuff over the ENTIRE surface area of our family room in a matter of seconds. She's so thoroughly messy! I guess she's consistent!

I told her that I was sad that I don't have a baby girl in the house anymore. She said, "that's okay, Mom, I will still be funny."

********

In other news, I have got to be queen of crazy gym injuries. And not the typical knee or ankle injuries one might expect at a gym. Oh no, not me. Two weeks ago I nicked my finger with my wedding ring and it was bleeding all over the place while I tried to run. Today I had to cut my workout short because, while running on the treadmill, I knocked my finger against the bar and it quickly turned into a giant purple nightmare. Thankfully, it's my pinky finger, so I will still be able to paint my mural Saturday, but aye aye aye, does it HURT.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

I did the same thing (with Alaina). I will tell her. Thanks!

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home