Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Predictablity Would Be So Nice...


Forget crawling, rolling over, sitting up, clapping, pincer grasp. Those are great and everything, but the real milestone I'd like Cole to reach is the ability to post an agenda each day to let me know if Driving Momma Nuts is on the schedule or not. It would be so nice if I could wake up in the morning, check the chart, and see that Cole plans on taking a nap strike and nursing for 2 hours straight, fussing every time I put him down for more than 2 minutes. I could plan my day accordingly, and make sure to get my chores done quickly and early so I can spend my time nursing and watching TV (Food Network of course) in the afternoon. At night, I could check and see that Cole was planning on sleeping 11 hours straight. Then I could stay up a little longer, talk to my husband (*GASP*), watch a later TV program, do my Bible Study. If the agenda revealed that this would be a "cry and nurse every hour all night long" night, then I would go to bed early and say lots of preemptive prayers for sanity and energy.

Cole is such a sweetheart. He is an active little fella, and he chuckles all the time and craves attention and pays attention to everything. But he is SOOOO indecisive. He simply cannot decide if he wants to sleep 8-11 hours straight or wake up screaming every hour. He can't decide if he wants to be content in his bouncy seat and smile or suddenly get incredibly unhappy and cry the very millisecond he's put down. I keep saying that Cole has just gotten his birth order all wrong. If he had been my first child, he would have gotten all that luv and attention that he demands. As the fourth, he's often left to sit in the bouncy or swing and let one of his siblings entertain him while mom runs around like a crazed idiot. And, as the fourth child, he has very, very, very strong opinions on why this arrangement does not suit him in the least.

But he's SOOO stinking cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home