Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Friday, February 02, 2007

All This For a Workout

So, I finally went back to the gym after months and months. My membership was supposed to be frozen until Feb. 1, but since it's a couple's membership and my husband got his frozen until March 1, I came to the gym today to find that I had to get re-activated. I had an "appointment" for my baby in childcare for 1 pm but it was taking a while to get us re-activated, so I called the childcare room to delay our arrival. Finally, I got all paid up and got a new card (which was lost with my wallet way back in November) and made my way (3 kids in tow) to the childcare center. Only to find that I had to get an add/drop form from the front desk (where I just was) to sign up Cole. So I deposited Ashton and Audrey in the childcare and trooped back to the desk to get him officially signed in (my pre-workout workout). Then I finally got him to the childcare room, and asked if I could nurse him first. While I was sitting there I was told that Ashton was poopy, so after nursing I had to get my bag and change him. THEN ( a good 40 minutes after arriving) I got to work out. And thankfully it was a good workout. Because afterwards I couldn't take a shower because there were men in the women's locker room fixing the sink. So much for my delusions about an invigorating workout complete with shower and steam room.

The scale there DID say I was one pound less than my home scale registered. So I'd say that was the highlight of that excursion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home