Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Conversations with my Daugher and Other Stuff

Me: (rubbing Cole's almost bald head) I hope that Cole has blond curly hair, just like yours!
Audrey: You want Cole to be just like me?
Me: Yes!
Audrey: But..I make messes all the time and I like to play with girl toys!

Well, true....

Things around this household are becoming much more predictable and pleasant. I'm cooking, all the time, and entertaining, just like I wanted for the New Year. Cole is smiling and cooing and generally a lot more fun. He started sleeping 7 hours at a stretch this week, up until last night, that is. Just as I was getting good and used to sleep, he woke up at LEAST 12 times last night, until I was sure I left a groove in the carpet from walking up and down the hallway all night long. Of course, hubby didn't wake up at all, except the one time I tapped him awake and begged him to go stick that darned binky back in Cole's mouth so I could eliminate one trip.

His new "milestone" has been to bring his hands together in front of him and attempt to suck his fingers, but he can't figure out how to un-clench his fist in order to do it. So he gets mad and wakes up repeatedly looking for something to suck. So...it looks like I'll be employing my swaddling blanket again for the time being. That fist is just too darn distracting and he keeps knocking out the pacifier. Ugh...two steps forward, ten thousand steps back. One of these days (perhaps when all the kids have left the nest and gone to college) I'll get some sleep again.

I have some creative projects in the works. I'm in the middle of a canvas mural for our church nursery, and I've got two commissioned projects coming up, as well as some "doodles" for my sister, which she will use for digi-scrapping. See here for examples of what is popular in the world of digi scrapping these days. It's good to do a little bit of artwork again after a long hiatus. It's also nice to be able to contribute to the family in any small way I can (financially).

Not much else going on around here. Working on my resolutions with mixed success. The diet and bible-reading resolutions definitely need some work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home