Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Snow Angels

No, we're not making any. It's actually pretty warm outside and there isn't any snow. But I got my new Over the Rhine CD (http://www.overtherhine.com/) with that name. It's the sign of a true fan that I instantly loved (and sang along with) every song. It's a perfect Christmas CD and I felt so calm holding Cole in my arms and dancing around my living room to the music in the dark and Christmas lights.

Today, especially this morning, was hard. I was so tired after a night of fighting a raging headache and a baby who wouldn't stay asleep longer than an hour at a time, I felt I could barely stand up at my MOPS meeting. It's hard not to compare my baby with everyone else's, or wonder how I'm praying the wrong way when I feel like life with a new baby (and three other rambunctious young'ns!) is just one test after another. Most days, I feel pretty good and life doesn't get me down. I mean, my kids are a gift and a delight even when they test me, and Cole is sweet and his smile is precious. But I get discouraged when I diligently follow the "routine" all day and Cole is worse that night. Or when I get so sidetracked with Christmas preparations and housecleaning and coralling kiddos that the routine is smashed to smithereens and I'm back at square one. I know the Truth about God's love, but sometimes it takes a little smack in the head to remind me that I'm not the sole person God forgot to love or something. Sometimes I am blind to the blessings that flow so abundantly in this life of mine.

So I will continue to pray and hope and I know that I'll inevitably end up missing these times, as crazy as that seems to this sleep-deprived lady!

Ashton is having a hard time figuring out how he fits in this family. He has taken to stealing pacifiers, most often right out of Cole's mouth. Often he'll put it right in his mouth, but lately, he's wanted to assure that if I won't let him have it, Cole doesn't get it either, so he rips it from baby and throws it. He's definitely acting up in every way, and I can only imagine, judging from how active Cole already is, that in about two years or so, I"ll be dealing with the numerous antics of two partners in crime. Oh well, I can hope that by then, my other two kids will have mellowed some. I can hope, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home