Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Back to the Grind

Actually, I look forward to Mondays. Everyone (including myself) seems to freak out around here when the weekday routine is disrupted. I like having my husband around, don't get me wrong, but everything is so DIFFERENT during the weekend and my kids are bouncing off the walls and my baby doesn't know what to do with himself. I also get extremely lazy on the weekends, and don't feel like accompishing anything, whereas during the week I like to be productive.

It was a good weekend, though. We had our church Christmas party on Friday, which was pretty fun (and good food!) but I had to leave early...not because of Cole but because of Ashton, who was running my sitter-friend ragged. Where IS my sweet perfect little boy these days? Anyway, Saturday was spent working on a mural with my friend Carolyn. We're doing a pond scene for the nursery at church. We discovered (to my delight) that Cole sleeps WONDERFULLY on his tummy, and while that's a no-no these days (with SIDS awareness), I am SO happy to put him down IN HIS ROOM and IN HIS BASSINET for a good nap and actually have him sleep. No swing or swaddling necessary. I've been doing it at night (gasp, I know...don't worry, I check on him incessantly) and he's been doing better. For two nights he's slept for two longer stretches in a row, which is glorious. After 4 it's still touch-and-go because he's so congested. MUST.BUY.VAPORIZER.

Okay, so on Saturday p.m. I had a friend over and she worked on an afghan and I baked cookies using my late MIL's recipe. I was so happy to get it right because the holidays already don't seem the same without her, and having these cookies around is like having a little part of her. And I like that. In other news, I finished the last bit of my Christmas shopping and cleaned out my pantry and steam-cleaned my carpet this weekend. So I still have some other household projects to finish and some baking, but I'm done with the big stuff. Whew.

And yesterday I was very lazy. Which felt fantastic. I guess Sunday is an appropriate day to take it easy, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home