Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

What My Kids Aren't Doing For a Week


1. They aren't eating dessert, because when they asked for a bag of popcorn and I said yes, they proceeded to microwave four bags of popcorn while I was upstairs with Cole and then spent two hours at the dinner table later on, full and not wanting to eat.

2. They aren't having chips, since while I was upstairs with Cole another time (we're upstairs a lot, I guess), Wesley got on top of the refrigerator and pulled out the chips, and I found a huge stash of Lays and Doritos and Cheetohs in a pile in the basement.

3. They aren't watching TV, since yesterday Wesley poured an entire bucket of water on the TV while it was on, because he wanted to make it "nice and shiny." I'm thankful he's still alive and have since given him a stern briefing on the dangers of putting water on anything that's plugged in.

Ugh. If I didn't love them so much I'd sell them to the gypsies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! Is the TV still functioning?? I'm glad that Wesley wasn't permanently damaged (by you or the TV).

2:51 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

I don't know if the TV is functioning. It's been unplugged since the incident, since the way we discovered all of this was that Wesley came up and informed us that he couldn't change channels or turn off the TV!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home