Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

First Day of a Very Long Summer Break

Well, after 12:00 p.m. yesterday, I had to confront my fears of having all four kids at home. ALL summer. And, surprisingly enough, my biggest fear - that they would tear each other's hair out and maul one another. No, they were actually, surprisingly, nearly, pleasant.

My biggest adventure happened around the time andy was arriving home and I was just about to nurse Cole. The kids, who had been outside, suddenly showed up, one at a time, each reporting the EXACT same thing: they were bleeding from the bottom of their foot. They EACH proceeded to walk over to my white carpet after that (much to Andy's shock and dismay). Curious as to how such a feat could be accomplished (3 identical injuries in 5 minutes), I went outside to find my Corelle plate in the driveway. Remember those? They stay true to the claims that they don't break. What they ACTUALLY do is shatter into thousands of infinitesimal pieces. Ashton had apparently thrown the plate on the driveway (with much glee I imagine), and then all three barefooted kids decided that they must then walk on the shards.

A few bandaids and a thorough sweep later, all was fine, but I'm wondering how in the world I'm to survive the next three months!

3 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

Oh Sally, Sally, Sally...I here ya sister! Thank God for year-round school out here. We are 3 weeks into our 6 1/2 week break. Almost to the hump! Today it was bug catchers from the $1 Store that managed to keep them entertained and partially enjoying eachother's company. Pray for me though....Kevin leaves for a week long mission trip tomorrow and for 6 days straight I will get no back-up support at 5pm. Oh, I'm seeing lots of McDonald's trips and videos in my future!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

identifying with you from afar, Patti...

2:31 PM  
Blogger Hollie said...

Well, apparantly I don't blog to much, b/c I JUST read your comment there-LOL! Loooooooove your amazing work and I can't WAIT to purchase some letters (and who knows what else-heehee!). Have a fun summer {GRIN}! And yup--Corelle DOES break...er, uh, shatter--arrrrgh!!
--Hollie

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home