Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cider Mill!


It was a gorgeous day today, so we took advantage of the sunshine and our chance to enjoy one of our last "family" times sans newborn, and went to the orchards nearby. In all reality, the very reason a family goes to the orchards is to take pictures. And eat donuts. We did both. But the kids had fun petting the animals and posing for pics and riding the wagon out to the "pumpkin patch" (the big field where a bunch of pumpkins were dumped).

I had fun because I remember how bittersweet our trip was last year. While the weather and the enjoyment factor were equally good last year, it wasn't 3 hours after the excursion that I had my first emotional breakdown, having miscarried only 2 weeks earlier. It was nice to go this year, ripe with active child, and thank God for the blessings I have. This is quite random, but I also remember eating turkey meatball soup for lunch that day. I *LOVE* that recipe!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home