Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I bet you thought I wasn't serious about coming back! But, really, it was just my computer that went dead on me. I had to wait until my darling husband could get me going on my new one so I could resume my rambling. Funny, when he was starting up my outlook, he came across a note he wrote to himself a couple of years ago, titled "what to do if Sally screws up her email" (that's a slight paraphrase). I could be offended, but I think I'd rather be happy that my husband knows me so well. He's often said I have the reverse Midas Touch. Everything I touch seems to break into a million pieces.

This month I've cleaned up two floods from one side of my basement due to a squirting sump pump, one flood on the other side due to an unplugged sump pump and a typical Michigan April snow storm, another flood in the kids' bathroom due to a certain Cole throwing two pairs of socks in the toilet, an expensive trip to the shop for bad brakes (and a tuneup) on my van, another trip a week later for a leaky valve, a trip to the Geek Squad to blow out a mountain of dust out of my ailing computer, and a second trip when the computer completely keeled over so I could be told by the experts that it is toast, and, finally, a family visit to the computer store to buy a teensy tinsy little red computer that is now set up so I can tell you all of this. (and yes, Janet, I would love a Mac one day but what I really need is that Panasonic Titanium steel laptop that can be thrown off a building and shot with a 22 and survive...none of the tests on it included handling by Cole, though).

So now that I'm completely broke, I have plenty of time to sit around and write in blogs.

Since the title of this blog is "Happy Easter!" then perhaps I should be more..rejoiceful? And I am, actually. There are so many millions of ways all my broken everythings could have been a lot worse. We could have had no savings (or no tax return). We could have NOT backed up our hard drive two days before my computer fritzed. My husband might not have figured out how to download my external hard drive into a computer with no disk drive. I could have gotten in an accident in my car. the floods could have been worse, or I could have been bogged down with work and no time to clean up numerous floods. So, yes, I'm praising God. He's good, He really is. And watching the Passion movie again last night reminds me that these piddly events really pale when you look into the face of the One who suffered so much for us.

He is Risen! Happy Easter, everyone!

I'll leave you with a short kid story: Yesterday, I made cookies, and a half hour later, came upstairs to find all of them gone. I asked Ashton, "did you eat all those cookies??" And he said, "I only ate one! (long pause)... at a time."

1 Comments:

Blogger Krysta said...

That last quote is priceless!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home