Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Little Indulgences

So...I'm making a confession and I'm wondering if I'm the only one out there who does this.

When I was a teenager, and even when I was in college, a childhood friend and I used to go to the local library and stock up on a pile of tween novels, and then we'd have a sleepover and stay up all night reading them. We always felt rather sheepish doing it, but oh, how we loved it. Something about the frivolity of it all or something.

Yesterday I woke up with a whopper of a cold and I feel totally awful. I really didn't feel like doing artwork (still don't and still feel awful, btw), but what should appear in the mail but my all-time FAVORTITE tween indulgence - Hail, Hail Camp Timberwood by Ellen Conford. Perfect timing! Though I don't have the luxury of a few uninterrupted hours, I was able to steal enough to snuggle up in my bed (or in the bath) and read that book for the first time in several years. Just as great as always!

So, what do you do that you're a little afraid to admit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home