Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer is So Fun


I just went to the Mother of all Garage Sales - it's now been nine years since I first went! - a neighborhood sale with over 100 participating homes. It's like a carnival - hot dogs, ice cream and the whole bit. I even saw a guy on a unicycle...nobody on stilts though.
I took all four kids by myself and walked probably a couple of miles, but it's amazing what one can accomplish (sanely) when there are toys and goodies to be bought at every turn and of course, hot dogs and ice cream. It was perfect - right as I spent my last dime, I was back at my car and ready to go.


Ahhhh. Such fun.


2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Where's the huge sale? Give us a headsup next year!!!

Any other great sales coming up?

6:39 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Check the observer for Burton Hollow sub sale in Livonia, that's a pretty good one. The one I went to was Brookview sub, always the weekend after Memorial Day!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home