Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Patience, Cheer, Enthusiasm...

GONE.

I am in the most foul mood this morning. I'm not sick so much of being pregnant but I'm very sick of everything else. My 2yo merely walks through the room and I'm nearly yelling at him to stop it! He opens a door and I'm fed up. My daughter asks me for the bazillionth time how many more hours to her playdate and I feel like blowing my stack. I don't know if this is hormones or what but I'm ready to go hide in a corner and cry.

One possible explanation - I've cleared my calendar and finished most of my big projects, in anticipation for a birth that could happen any time. I'm a little restless. And the stuff I DO have to do is stuff I'm actually re-doing for the umpteenth time since my kids are slobs. Everything seems to fall out of every cabinet I open, or something comes crashing to the floor (usually thrown by Ashton), or I'm cleaning up a spill or a bedspread or a high chair or a pile of shoes that has magically grown overnight. I'm constantly scrubbing down my kitchen in some mad attempt to rid this place of fruit flies. I'm dealing with a neverending influx of laundry and I think I'm just feeling like this life of mine is a little tedious.

Of course, in my post-partum state, I'll long for these last few weeks with the affection of a 8yo and his puppy. If I think life is hard and tedious NOW....

Anyway, I have an OB appt today (if it doesn't get cancelled, of course). Maybe I'll get to see what's happening down there and how many more days of re-doing everything I have ahead of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home