Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Hold on 36 more hours, please!!!

Okay, I'm counting down! 36 more hours until I'll start actually hoping to go into labor. Until then, please NO! After all this time, I've made it this far...I would love for Dr. G to deliver this kidlet. I can't wait, though. I need to see that this baby is healthy. I have been enlisting the help of my kids and asking them to pray for me and the baby. How sweet to find out that my daughter asked everyone to pray for me in her Sunday school class yesterday.

Today I'm just trying to relax and keep baby inside, and my friend is going to come over and keep me company so I don't spend my day fretting about the baby. We're going to do "homeschool" with our kids. I found a recipe for homemade "fossils" made with coffee and coffee grounds, so it should be an interesting morning! It is my goal to keep this house as clean as it is right now, but somehow that seems impossible. I blew my stack this morning when I went down to discover how my kids TRASHED the basement in one evening! Tell me why it is necessary to throw every piece of every game or toy in 25 different directions, or why, when going through a drawer or cabinet, it's necessary to pull EVERYTHING out and leave it there?

I also have to go to the courthouse across town today. GRRR. Some bored cop saw me on the phone the other day, tagged me as a dumb blonde and pulled me over because I was "stopped in front of an intersection" - meaning I was stopped at a red light in front of a teeny tiny side street on which there were no cars. Sorry, sir, don't mean to cause gridlock! He didn't give me a ticket, but unfortunately, I couldn't locate my updated insurance so now I have to drive across town and produce my insurance for these people, FOR $25. Total racket. I get to pay $25 for the immense privilege of showing them my insurance.

I'd much rather use that money to feast my little heart out, considering I only have 2 more days (at best) of no-holds-barred eating before it's back to dieting and fretting about my fat. I will definitely eat some sort of fattening dessert today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home