Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Getting All Deep and Stuff


Wow, my first posts on this blog o' mine were so pointless. Those were the days! :-) Now I'm much more depressing!

Yesterday was SOOOOO much better. Thank you, God, for your mercy. I survived (intact, even) a trip to IKEA with three kids, and Cole was great almost all day and Andy is starting to feel better. Yahoo! And last night was the best night we've had so far. I've been reviewing my "Happiest Baby on the Block" book (Harvey Karp) and brushing up on some of his tried-and-true baby-calming techniques, and Cole is responding well. The key to a good night's sleep - the last two nights anyway - seems to be wrapping him tightly in the Miracle Blanket (the only one he can't Houdini his way out of) and turning the white noise machine on High. I'm just praying that things continue to get better, and if they don't, that I get a big dose of Supernatural strength and patience to muddle through the Holiday Season and still know that "Joy" they keep talking about.

Audrey is making me SO happy lately. She is turning into a real little ARTIST!! I'm so thrilled. She draws her people just like I did when I was little, putting elaborate decorations on all their dresses and adding long flowing hair and fairy wings. And she goes through stacks of paper every day, just like I did. All I wanted was one artist, so I'm a happy camper. She is also doing really well with "homeschool."

Wesley has stayed good at school this week and stayed awake on the bus and dry at night. Oh Praise God!

Ashton is being very TWO. 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home