Random Tales of Chaos and Joy

A whole bunch of nothing and sometimes something.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm TIRED! :-)

Okay, so I love this little guy so, so, so, so much, and I admit that when I see his beady little eyes peering at me at 2:30 in the morning, it gives my heart a little leap. But then, soon after, I am sweating, because I know that for the next four hours, Mr. Grunt E. Grunterson will be living out his little ritual of grunting, fidgeting, fussing and generally just NOT sleeping. I don't know what makes him suddenly so uncomfortable in the middle of the night (well besides the obvious - he's on his back instead of upright) but we don't get much sleep. Usually the first stretch (8-12 or so) is relatively peaceful, so I take my sleep when I can get it. Last night I was really feeling the fatigue, though. He doesn't nurse well in the side-lying position, and I've been trying to make his feedings more qualitative, so I have to sit up in bed to do this. Every hour. I am feeling it today!!

I am, however, having some success with daytime scheduling. I'm having to let him cry for a few minutes sometimes, just because I have to keep this house from falling apart somehow! But I think he's "getting it." He takes in more at a feeding and has been taking nice, long naps, in his SWING even!! Yahoo!

Tonight is Wesley's belated birthday party! I found a cute idea for party favors on Food Network (of all places :-)) and I have to go to the grocery store soon and get the stuff. It's going to be pretty informal (just pizza and games at Caesarland, like a Chuck E Cheeses), but Wesley has been counting down with great anticipation. I hope we all survive! ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annabelle did the same thing. This is when we choose to go without much swaddling (because the grunting seemed to be because she wanted out of the swaddling) and (yakes) put her on her stomach or side... and there was peace on earth

7:06 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Kristen, sometimes I think he wants out of the swaddle too, but then other times he seems to like it. Fickle I guess! lol.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home